The summer transfer window may not be open yet in Europe, but teams are gearing up for it and there is plenty of gossip going around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, arrivals, events and of course, done deals!
Top story: Kovacic could move to Man City
Manchester City are eyeing the Chelsea midfielder Matthew Kovacic Ahead of a potential summer move, as reported by the Daily Mail.
The 29-year-old is set to leave Stamford Bridge and is keen to join City, with Pep Guardiola a big fan.
City will look at their squad at the end of the season and are currently waiting to see Ilk Gundogan Barcelona are keen to sign the 32-year-old as his contract expires this summer.
City have also held talks with West Ham United Declan Rice But Arsenal are believed to be favorites to sign the Hammers captain. Manchester United are also admirers of Rice, with Scott McTominay likely to be used to help convince the 24-year-old to join the Old Trafford side.
With Mauricio Pochettino taking over as Chelsea manager, the club could see the departure of several players such as Kovacic, Mason Mt, Connor GallagherAnd Edward Mendy.
Chelsea also scouted Victor Osimen During Napoli’s 2-0 defeat against Monza, Pochettino hopes to discuss the matter Romelu LukakuIts status internationally.
– Stream on ESPN+: La Liga, Bundesliga, more (US)
– Manchester United and Chelsea are both hoping to capitalize on the Napoli centre-back’s streak Kim Min JaeAccording to La Gazzetta dello Sport, he could sign for €48 million in the first two weeks of July. Preparing to lose the 26-year-old, Napoli are already looking to bring in Jurien Timberlake from Ajax Amsterdam.
– Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are all monitoring Crystal Palace’s attacking midfielder situation Eberechi EzeAccording to Ekrem Konur. The 24-year-old has not only impressed with his striking style of football, he has also recorded 10 goals and three assists in the Premier League this season.
– With Juventus ready to do without Leandro Paredes And Adrien RabiotCalciomercato says that bianconeri Atalanta are looking at the midfielder Tune Copemainers, which is said to be worth in the region of €35m to €40m. Liverpool and Napoli are also set to be in contention, with the latter potentially tipping the 25-year-old in a meeting to plan their future.
– Newcastle United are monitoring the condition of the 19-year-old Leeds United winger Wilfred GontoAccording to Ekrem Konur. Football Insider has also suggested that Newcastle are looking at Manchester City centre-back Taylor Harwood-Baillis, with Burnley also keen to sign the 21-year-old after his impressive loan spell helped them earn promotion. Fulham and West Ham are also tracking Harewood-Baylis.
– Brentford have a verbal agreement to sign the SC Freiburg goalkeeper Mark Flekken And will activate his release clause worth around €13 million, reports Florian PlettenbergWho added that the 29-year-old’s new contract runs until 2028. The Daily Mail also suggest that the Bees have opened talks over a move for Seongnam FC’s 18-year-old centre-back. Kim Ji SooHis release clause is £560,000